Thursday, April 8, 2010

Early thoughts about the 2010 Cubs

Well so far the Cubs are 1-2 when they could easily be 2-1. the opening day blowout loss was very disappointing and should be a the end of starting Zambrano on opening day. I am tired of waiting for Zambrano to get his act together and be a consistent pitcher.

I have been impressed with Sean Marshall and the Esmilan Caridad. They have pitched well and gotten people out. The rookie lefty, Russell did well holding the Braves in the first game as well. It's too bad that Samardijia and Grabow have been to this point completely useless. They need to get their act together soon or they wont get to pitch in meaningful innings. I think that Samardijia should go back to playing football. The bears need another Wide Receiver and he was a good one.

The team went up against some tough pitching playing against the Braves. That being said, they need to start hitting. I think the team needs to get rid of Fukudome and start Colvin full time in right field. I think once this team starts to hit and the bullpen figures it out it will be in the hunt all year. I believe the Cubs will take the wild card and have a good shot in the playoffs.