Friday, April 16, 2010

Diet update

It's been over 2 months since I started my diet and I have lost about 20 pounds!!! Since I started the diet I have received all kinds of advice and suggestions. I have taken some of advice and incorporated to what I am doing.

One of the main things I have been trying to do over the past 2 months is keep my daily calorie count to under 2000. I feel I have been successful doing that. My daily diet normally consists of the following

Breakfast-2 mini bagels w/cream cheese
Mid morning snack-Banana
Lunch-Turkey and cheese sandwich and a bowl of Healthy Choice Chicken noodle soup and a serving of crackers
Mid afternoon snack-small tub of pringles
Dinner during the week 1 breaded pork chop, 1 serving from a tub of microweable mashed potatoes and a serving of corn
Desert-If I have desert it is sugar free vanilla pudding.

For the most part I try and find food(especially snacks) that is low in calories. I have figured if I can cut as many calories out of the foods that I do eat it will help me with my daily count and I can continue to lose weight.

During the week I normally drink 2 bottles of water a day plus a cup or two when I get home. I have all but given up pop. I tried diet pop but I don't like it enough or need the caffeine that badly : ) Depending on my calorie count for the day I may have Milk with dinner.

I have been going to the gym about 3 days a week. I do some weights and then the treadmill for about 40 minutes.

Do I cheat once in a while? Yes. When I do eat McDonalds I get water and only one Double Cheeseburger instead of 2. When I do splurge I try and offset those calories by eating something with less calories for my next meal. I eat more Subway Sandwiches that I eat McDonalds or other fast food place.

Thanks again to everyone who has made suggestions. So far so good and hopefully I can keep it up.