Monday, November 30, 2009

The mindset of celebrities

I am not sure I understand the mindset of celebrities who cheat on their spouses. In general I think people in the entertainment and sports world have a different set of beliefs on the way to go about their lives. I would guess for many of them they act the way they do because they surround themselves with people telling them how great they are, The line between reality and the fantasy world they work in then becomes blurred.

Before I go any farther I want to say that a lot of regular people cheat as well. In terms of family life they have just as much to lose. In terms of money it seems that celebrities have a lot more to lose and I don't understand why they would risk millions of dollars when most of them have significant others that are just as attractive or more at home.

A couple examples of the celebrities feeling like they can get away with infidelity are Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant and Tiger Woods. While it has not been proven that Tiger cheated every can guess that his wife put Tiger's golf club through the back of his Escalade because she was upset and not to get him out of the truck. Mrs Bryant wears a $1 million apology everywhere they go and MJ lost one third of his wealth livin' it up.

Michael Jordan's worth is in the hundreds of millions and his divorce settlement was $168 million plus a huge house and his ex wife got custody of the kids. I feel guilty when I spend $168!!! I can't imagine what it would be like to breakup my marriage and my family AND have to pay $168 million to someone. Tiger Woods is worth a lot of money and if he can't work out whatever needs to be worked out with his wife, it will cost him a lot of money as well.

Do celebrities think that they can get away with it because the people around them say they can? Or do celebrities think they can get away with it because they have so much money that they can afford to pay their significant others off and have plenty left over? It just seems that celebrities live on a different moral system than the rest of us.