Saturday, November 21, 2009

Concert Behavior

My wife Jen and I went to a concert in Joliet last night at the Rialto theater. We had a great time seeing Phil Vassar perform. He did a great job and would see him again. My issue is with some of the concert goers namely the middle aged people who want to act and drink like they are 22. Sorry people but you need to act your age!. I have no problem with people drinking, dancing and standing when the time is right. We stood though much of the concert danced and sang along to the songs. Jen screamed in delight at the the songs that were being performed. When you reach middle age though I think you should be mature enough not to act like a fool and go out and dance in the aisle and stand up when the vast majority of the people around you are sitting.

This brings me to when we saw American English which is a Beatles tribute band. It amazed me that there were a bunch of 50 years trying to relive their youth by running down to the front of the theater and dancing to them. Based on the cat calls I heard, I think some people were delusional or drunk enough to think they were back in the '60's and the band on stage was really the Beatles. WAKE UP PEOPLE IT'S A TRIBUTE BAND!!!

I like to go to concerts when I can afford it as much as anyone but everyone should remember to act your age.