Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Bears

I was listening to the Bears press conference on my radio at work today. I was amazed to listen to Lovie Smith "I kept my job hahaha" attitude. Bringing back Jerry Angelo and Lovie Smith will be very bad for the Bears in the long run.

I believe that if they don't get it right next year, the organization will replace them for a new coach and GM. What i believe will actually happen is the Bears will go the playoffs next year and Angelo and Smith will have saved their jobs for another year or two. Granted it will be good that they go to the playoffs but it will be bad for the team in the long run.

I believe the team should have replaced them this year and started the process of rebuilding as soon as possible. The team does not have the draft picks and the staff that can properly evaluate talent to get better and be a good team on a consistent basis.