Monday, December 21, 2009

Yankees and Zambrano

I just saw a report that the Yankees inquired about Carlos Zambrano of the Cubs. I may be in the minority on this one, but I say as long as the Yankees take the entire contract of Zambrano and provide some good prospects and major league players in return, get the deal done!!!!

Getting rid of Zambrano would get rid of another clubhouse cancer and a lot of money from the budget that can be spent elsewhere. Zambrano is a nut case who I have grown tired waiting for his potential to become a reality. I think both the team and Carlos could use a fresh start.

On the down side, trading Z would leave a big hole in the rotation that would need to be filled. Zambrano has a lot of talent but is his own worst enemy because he can't control his emotions on the mound. If the Cubs could get a guy like Josh Beckett, I think they would be better off.

My guess is the deal will not get done one of my new Christmas wishes is that it does.