Friday, February 12, 2010

My diet

I started a new diet this week to try and lose some weight. I am taking my lunch again eating a bowl of Campbell's chunky Chicken Noodle soup and a turkey and cheese sandwich. The sandwich is optional depending on how hungry I am. I am also trying to eat this same thing for dinner as well. Hopefully it will assist me with losing some weight.

I had been doing a decent job last year of taking my lunch and maintaining my weight in order to try and lower my cholesterol. The past 3 or 4 months I went off the wagon and started to eat out a lot. It started with Subway which is good. After awhile it went to some other places which weren't nearly as good for me. I think I gained some weight and I don't even want to think what it did to my cholesterol level: )

I don't mind what I am eating but it is still leaving me hungry at times. I don't want to be miserable or be miserable to be around which may be why I have been going to lunch earlier than I had been in the past to eat with some friends at work. I think talking and laughing with them helps take my mind off how much or little (depending on how you look at it) I am eating. It also helps me take my mind off of not eating a slice of pizza or a cheeseburger; )

I will make sure that I don't deprive myself of eating something I really want once in awhile. Next week a couple friends will be going to get an Italian beef at a restaurant by work and than our monthly outing for a beer and burger at Finn McCool's in Schaumburg. I just have to figure out a way to off set eating this stuff with keeping to my diet the rest of the time. This means less McDonalds and maybe more Subway and/or Soup. It doesn't help when I walk into my Mother in-Law's kitchen and she is eating McDonalds or my wife buys a bag of mini bagels.